The HP Pavilion 22CWA comes in as our top budget monitor for several reasons. First of all, the image quality. It’s difficult to get an IPS LED screen at a budget price and this monitor looks fantastic because of it. IPS panels let you view from almost any angle, so this monitor will look good no matter what orientation you view it at. The screen size feels just right for a budget monitor at 21.5 inches, featuring a resolution of 1920 x 1080. The bezel-less monitor maximizes the viewing space and really makes you feel like you’re getting your monies worth. The dynamic contrast ratio of 8,000,000:1 makes the colors clearer and richer. The LED back-lighting looks great and doesn’t strain eyes after long periods of use. The screen comes with anti-glare treatment to reduce glare from the surrounding areas.
The weight of the monitor comes in at 6.6 pounds and feels surprisingly light. No more lugging around that old heavy CRT. The monitor comes with the usual input connections of VGA, HDMI (with HDCP), so nothing game breaking in that department. The HP Pavilion is an ENERGY STAR certified monitor designed to reduce power consumption. It has simple and subtle button controls under the display that are quite easy to use.
- Screen size: 21.5-inch diagonal
- Panel type: IPS/LED backlight
- Native resolution: 1920 x 1080 (Full HD)
- Dynamic contrast ratio: 8,000,000:1
- Brightness: 250 nits
- Response time: 7ms G to G
- Viewing angles: 178° horizontal and vertical
- Tilt: -2° to +25°
- Input connectors: 1 VGA, 1 HDMI (with HDCP)
- Dimensions (w x h x d): 19.63 x 15.13 x 5.94 inches
- Warranty: Protected by a standard one-year or three-year HP limited warranty (varies by region). Certain restrictions and exclusions apply.